With this in mind, also note that many owners of XJ bikes recommend using high octane fuel, or a good fuel cleaner to keep the YICS tubes from getting clogged. I recommend using a product called FP60 by www.LCDINC.com On their website the following benefits are claimed for their fuel additive:
- Antioxidant and solvent properties scavenge water and moisture from the oil and fuel systems
- Emulsifies carbon and varnish and most other "gunk"
- Stabilizes the fuel, allowing more efficient burn in the combustion chamber
- Lowers fuel mixture freezing points
- Reduces carbon dioxide and NOX emissions up to 30%
- Leaves a thin, protective coat of oil over vital fuel system parts, including fuel pump, gas tank and fuel injectors.